Runners: Did you pre-register?
If so, pre-registration goody bags are available for pick-up at the New Balance store on Stony Hill Road in the new Big Y plaza (click here for map). Thursday & Friday, August 30 & 31, from 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. each day.
Race Day Parking:
Additional parking for the race can be found in the Taunton Press parking lot on Route 25, near the corner of Elm Street. Police will be on hand to help cross the street.
Race Day Schedule:
|9:00||Race begins -- rain or shine|
|9:45-11:30 ||Post race celebration, raffle and awards.|
Things to know:
- 5K (3.1 miles) and Kid's Run
- Runners and walkers of all ages are welcome to participate
- The race will be limited to 1,000 runners
- Relatively flat, fast course is offically sanctioned and certified by the United States Track and Field Assocation (CT06009JHP)
- Race start, finish, and celebration will take place at Dickinson Park
- Run is through the beautiful community of Newtown and includes many landmarks of this special town
- The Kid's run will be in 75 yards, 150 yards and 1/4 mile, depending on level and age of the child. You can choose the day of the race.